Innovative Workspaces: The Most In-Demand Office Benefits
Offices with onsite facilities such as gyms, nap rooms, gardens, cafes can help employees enhance their overall well-being, productivity, and work-life balance. These amenities can promote physical fitness, mental relaxation, and social interaction, fostering a healthier and more enjoyable work environment.
Studio Alliance, a European alliance of workplace experts have looked into the advantages of the most popular office space benefits , and which of the world’s most successful businesses offer these.
Most Popular Onsite Office Amenities
Looking at the world’s top 10 most successful companies which are ranked by sales, profits, assets, and market values, Studio Alliance uncovered the top 5 businesses with all-inclusive offices. Studio Alliance then researched the benefits these offices provided and utilised search volume to determine the most in demand. By looking at monthly search data they were able to uncover the most popular office amenity trends for offices with the top five being a garden, nap pods, games room, gym and coffee bar.
Benefits Of The 5 Most Popular Onsite Office Amenities
1) Garden: Gardens in an office space provide employees a respite from the daily hustle and bustle which can lead to reduced stress levels and improved mental well-being. While contributing to a more appealing and vibrant workspace.
2) Nap Pods: Nap pods in an office space offer employees a valuable opportunity to recharge and boost productivity during the workday, resulting in improved focus and cognitive performance. They also demonstrate a commitment to employee well-being and work-life balance.
3) Games Room: Games rooms in office spaces offer an outlet for employees to relax and unwind, fostering a more positive work culture and reducing stress. Offices can encourage team bonding and creativity leading to improved morale.
4) Gym: A gym in the office promotes employee health and well-being, which can boost overall productivity. Gyms also show commitment to employee health, creating a positive work environment.
5) Coffee Bar: Coffee bars within an office provides a convenient and social hub for employees, fostering spontaneous interactions and idea-sharing which can lead to increased collaboration and innovation.
The Most Successful Companies With In House Benefits
Take a look at some of the facilities available to employees at some of the most successful companies in the world today:
JP Morgan Chase, market value of $399.58B: Located in the heart of New York City's financial district, the headquarters of this financial firm is situated within a stylish and contemporary skyscraper. Within the headquarters, employees can enjoy a range of amenities, including fitness facilities and yoga rooms, prayer spaces, a food hall, and outdoor areas, contributing to a healthy work-life balance for its staff.
ICBC, market value of $203.01B: The ICBC headquarters in Beijing is a massive, modern skyscraper located in the bustling central business district of the city. Its sleek glass façade and imposing height make it a prominent and easily recognizable landmark in the city. The building also offers employees access to amenities like a fitness centre, swimming pool, spa, and wholesome dining options.
Alphabet (Google), market value of $1340.53B: Alphabet's headquarters in California, also known as the Googleplex, is a sprawling, colourful campus located in Mountain View, nestled in the heart of Silicon Valley. The buildings are a playful mix of modern architecture and green spaces, creating a vibrant and innovative work environment. Office amenities include laundry, games room, free food, and gym facilities.
Microsoft, market value of $2,309.84B: The Microsoft headquarters in Washington is a sprawling, modern campus nestled amidst lush greenery in Redmond. Its iconic design features sleek glass buildings that reflect the natural surroundings, creating a tech oasis. Features included within the office to benefit employees include a post office, mini spa, food venues and gym facilities.
Samsung Electronics, market value of $334.31B: The Samsung Electronics headquarters in South Korea is a sleek, modern skyscraper located in the Gangnam district of Seoul. It stands tall with a futuristic design, featuring reflective glass facades that give it a contemporary look. Amenities for the headquarters include game rooms, quiet zones, basketball court and outdoor spaces.